Monday, March 17, 2008

Linus Gerdemann

No cute title for this one, holy crap, unbelievable.

Our boy Linus crashed in the TT at Tirreno-Adriatico yesterday. I saw the pictures last night of him afterwards, and was horrified then, he looked awful. But considering he had finished the stage, eighth no less, I hoped he would be okay.

Not so much. He broke his femur. He broke his femur, got back on his bike, finished the stage, and came in eighth. Okay, riding with a broken collarbone, or even a broken wrist, is one thing, but a broken leg?? Good heavens.

Out for six weeks, what a heartbreaker. Wishing you all the best Linus, come back to us soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! UNbelievable! I hadn't seen anything about that. WOW......poor kid!
-janann

Julie said...

Just goes to show what adrenaline can do, I guess. Looked like he might've taken the overall, too, makes it even more bitter I'm sure.